Our statement sets out the steps Tiger Foodservice are committed to upholding in regards to our responsibilities under the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
Introduction from the Board of Directors
Modern slavery includes human trafficking, slavery or forced labour which can exist in all economies and businesses. We as a Company are aware and acknowledge that this is still an on-going issue within the global society.
We aim to place effective controls in place to prevent any form of slavery or human trafficking taking place within our supply chains or business, and provide respect and dignity of individuals both within the organisation and through our supply chain.
Tiger Foodservice is a privately-owned family Business and are one of the leading foodservice operators in the UK.
Tiger Foodservice is a growing business and a dynamic place to work. We employ over 300 employees across the group, and our success is reliant on our staff feeling engaged, motivated and valued. We share a common goal of providing customer satisfaction as the group continues to expand and thrive in a variety of competitive markets.
• We are committed to building long standing relationships with our suppliers and make clear our expectations and business conduct
• We expect all our suppliers to have suitable anti-slavery and human trafficking policies and processes, and to operate effective means of disclosure within their own organisation
Standards in our Business
The standards which we set in our business consist of the following:
• Comply with all local laws in regards to working hours and time periods
• Ensure that workers pay complies with local laws, for instance minimum wage standards
• Ensure all workers are treated with respect and dignity and exclude all forms of harassment, intimidation, abuse and violence
• No forced, involuntary labour, slavery or human trafficking
• No discrimination against workforce on any basis or on personal characteristics (racial, colour, race and religion)
• Creating a fair and equal workplace by providing equal opportunities and diverse workforce
• Ensure a safe and hygienic place of work for employees and operate a safe system of work to comply with all local health and safety legislations
• We hold a robust recruitment procedure in line with UK legislation, including right to work document checks, contracts of employment and ensuring that personal information provided is genuine and is held securely and confidentially
We have various policies and procedures in place to commit tackling slavery and human trafficking such as:
• Equal opportunities policy- committed to ensuring that our workplaces are free from unlawful or unfair discrimination because of protected characteristics as defined by the Equality Act 2010
• Bullying & Harassment Policy- Committed to ensuring that our employees have a working environment which respects their personal dignity
• Equal Pay Policy- committed to the principle of equal pay for men and women.
• Dignity at Work Policy
• Whistleblowing Policy- aimed at our employees, which encourages staff to report any wrong doing within the organisation/ supply chain.
Endorsement of this Statement
This statement is approved on behalf of the Board of Directors of Tiger Foodservice on the 6th August 2021